Date: Fire Pig year, 9th month, 19th day Script: ’khyug
- me phag zla 9 tshes 19 nyin | ’di lo glo bo mtsho bdun dang bha ra ga ’ung gnyis tsha ’bru kor la khran bu’i
- grigs sman kyi gling mo ’byung ste | da lo glo bo chos rgyal ang dgon ’jam dpal dang | bha ra ga ’ung kyis
- spyi khyab kyi sras po sang dkar sman thags kru cad sras po byis ltar sman kha ’gram bar cas nas lhan rgyas
- nas bar mdum mdzad pa la | sngar shing khyi zla 5 tshe 14 la | thags sa ta sas spang rtsa ga ’ung bha ra ga ’ung
- gyis lung | glo bo mtsho bdun bcas (lhan rgyas) nas tshong lam dkor | gan rgya zhag pa | da lam gong gi bar
- mi (lhan rgyas) nas | glo bo mtsho bdun dang bha ra mga’ ’ung gnyis char nas gsor gnas bya rgyu dang phan tshun gnyis
- bka’ gsem ha go nas | gong gsal gan rgya gnying pa rang la ’sor gnas zhin la sham gsal glo bo
- mtsho bdun kyi mi sna so sor nas rtags phul ’bras la smon thang gan po sras tshes dbang rtags | mtsho nub gan po padma nor bu rtags | mtsho shar gan po rigs ’dzin rtag | sha ri gan po dbang ’dus rtags | das stang gan po phrin las tag | rtsa rang gan po don ldan rtags | ga mi gan po tshes ring zla ba rtags |
- bar mi cha dpang glo bo srid ’dzin ngos mas phyag tag | thag sras po sangs dkar sman rtags | sras po byis ltar sman tag |
- kha ltar tag | sras karma rab rgyas rtags |
1. bāragāũ; tshwa ’bru skor la ’phran 2. ’grigs man gyi gleng mo byung ste; bāragāũ 3. sankar- man; jitarman; khadambar bcas 4. bar dum; sātsaye pañcgāũ bāragāũ 5. tsho bdun dang bāragāũ 7. ka sems ha go; gan rgya rnying pa; sor gnas bzhin 8. tsho bdun; rgan po sras 9. cha dpang; ngos phyag rtags; sankarman; jitarman; khatar
An agreement between the Seven Counties of Lo and Baragaon. A problem has arisen con- cerning the salt-grain trade. The nature of the problem is not specified. The document refers to an earlier agreement written on the 14th day of the 5th month in a Wood Dog year (1934) between Thaksatsae Panchgaon, Baragaon, Gelung and the Seven Counties of Lo. The pres- ent agreement is being drawn up in order to settle matters between Lo and Baragaon, and to confirm that the terms of the previous agreement should be retained.
1–2. Fire Pig year, 9th month, 19th day. This year an issue of minor discord arose between the Seven Counties of Lo and Baragaon over the salt-grain [trade].
2–3. This year the dharmarāja of Lo, A mgon ’jam dpal and Sankarman, the son of the Warden of Baragaon, and
3–4. the eminent (lit. noble) sons of Tukche, Jitarman and Khadambar [are] acting as interme- diaries. Previously, in the Wood Dog year, the 5th month, 1th day, a written agreement was drawn up between Thaksatsae, Panchgaon, Baragaon,
5. Gelung and the Seven Counties of Lo concerning trade. And now,
6. Through the mediators mentioned above, the Seven Counties of Lo and Baragaon should abide by the existing terms,
7–8. each should understand the other, and in confirmation of their adherence to the old writ- ten agreement mentioned above, the following people of the Seven Counties of Lo set their individual marks.
[One signatory per county follows]
9. The mediators, acting as witness: the seal of the Ruler of Lo himself; the mark of Sankarman, the eminent one of Thak; the mark of the eminent Jitarman;
10. the mark of Khatar (= Khadambar?); the mark of the noble Karma Phun tshogs.