Date: Fire Bird year, 7th month, 4th day, Monday (1897)
A debt document dealing with the same loan as that featured in HMA/LTshognam/Tib/11, but with an additional agreement concerning a further loan of cash and grain.
1. me bya zla 7 pa’i tshes 4 re za 2 pa’i nyin | sa dmar ga ga sdem phyogs dang sras skyid sbyong sras zla ba cas la | tshogs rnaṃs blaṃ (bla ma) tshe dbang ’buṃ nas bu lon
2. snying pa bhad ngos sdoṃ dang dngul 26 song pa ’di la dngul snang ma thub par rten nas | dngul 26 po’i bhan gra la shol sdong 10 rtsa ba nas rtse mo’i bar pha tshe bu
3. rgyud ’bar dngul 26 po’i ’bur tsho la ’phul pa yin | ’di la mi gyur pa sa dmar ga ga sdeṃ chogs sras skyid sbyong sras zla pa bcas me med rnaṃs kyi
4. phyags rtags X | thong thos gi phya spang la | sa dmar dkar ma’i rtags X | smon thang sras bkra shis rtags X | tshu[gs] spen ’byor rtags X | tshugs
5. tshe ring rdoer (rdo rje) rtags X |
6. me bya zla 7 ba tshe 15 re za 6 nyin | rtaṃ zur yig gi bris don la | sa’u tshog rnaṃs bla ma tshe dbang ’buṃ pa nas a sa mi sar
7. mar ga ga sdem chog la | rgo rgyal rin po che khral rigs dang nang tshang za sgyon sog ma tshang brten blaṃ (bla ma) la ’bun du zhu ba | gyab res
8. sar snying sdoṃ ’bod khal brgyad dang zo ba lnga | bras bod khal lnga | tshwa bod khal drug | nas bod khal gsuṃ bcas song | ’di sgrig bhang do
9. la ga ga khang pa g.yul sa bcas zhag yod | lo re la bhad bod khal re re la zo ba 7 ’dab rgyu chod pa yin | rgal srid ’dab ma nus phyin | srang ga
10. then pa yan phyod ’bur rtso span tsa la ’bul pa yin | ’di la dmar po tsod log | snyog pa rding rlog dran pa sar btaṃ sogs su thad
11. nas sgal song med pa | ga gā sdeṃ phyogs sras brkyid sbyong | sras zla ba gsuṃ blo seṃ rang thad stags the po | thong thos phya spang
12. tshugs steng ma gu ru rtag X | rtsang lis dpal zang rtag X | yig ge bris mi gyes lung bkris (bkra shis) bcas zhug | bkris (bkra shis)
Part 1: Fire Bird year, 7th month, 4th day, Monday. The nobleman (ga ga) Demchog and his sons Kyijong and Dawa are unable to repay Lama Tshewang of Tshognam the old debt which, including capital and interest (bshad ngos sdom), amounts to 26 rupees. As the security (bhan gra < Nep. banḍhak) for the 26 rupees they give 10 poplar trees from root to treetop in perpetuity. Signed by the debtors and four witnesses.
Part 2: Fire Bird year, 7th month, 14th day, Friday. A debt document, an agreement between the creditor (sa’u < Nep. sāhu) Lama Tshewang Bum of Tshognam and the debtor (a sa mi < Nep. asāmi) Demchog the nobleman and his two sons. Because they were burdened with taxes to the Gorkha king, and by illness of “hard planets” (probably a reference to a cerebral stroke, believed to be caused by the influence of gza’), and they do not have enough, they are taking a loan of 8 ’bo khal and 5 zo ba of old and new buckwheat; 5 ’bo khal of rice; 6 ’bo khal of salt; 3 ’bo khal of barley; as security (bhang do < Nep. banḍhak) for these the nobleman has put up his house and threshing yard. Every year, as interest for each ’bo khal he shall pay 7 zo ba. If he cannot pay this, he will forfeit his house from the doorstep on the street and everything above.
Signed by the debtor Demchog, his sons and two witnesses.