Date: Iron Tiger year, 12th month, 17th day, Thursday (1890)
Lines: 5; single-line title on verso
Contract for the sale of a field in Tshug to Lama Ösal Dorje for 25 rupees.
tshug stang naṃkha’ (nam mkha’) zhing yigelgs (yi ge legs) |
- lcag stags zla 12 ba’i tshes 17 re gza’ 5 la | tshog gnaṃ blaṃ (bla ma) ’od gsal rdoe (rdo rje) dangs | tshugs steng ma a kyis naṃkha’ (nam mkha’)
- gnyis gzhing | nyo tshong byas pa bskor | gzhing thar khog phu zo pa do sa rin la dngul 25 byas nas | kho rog kar po naṃ gyur
- rtsang chu sngon mo gyen log bskal pa mdang nyi ma naṃ gnas bar du spu gter nyo tshong byas pa phyi su snyad tsher mi snyan brang skad
- rtsam med zhus pa don tshig ’di la mi ’gal pa a kyis naṃkha’ (nam mkha’) rang thad rtags X bde’i cha spang tshugs srid thar tshi ring dang kun’ (kun dga’) phun
- tshogs gnyis zhugs | yig bri nga rang yin |
1. lcags stag; rdo rje dang 2. gnyis zhing; pa skor; zhing tharkhog; dkar po nam ’gyur 3. bskal pa dang; spu bster; phyis su brnyas gtser; sbrang skad 4. tsam med; de’i cha dpang 5. gnyis bzhugs; yig ’bri
Document concerning the field of Namkha of Tshug Teng[ma].
Thursday, the 17th day of the 12th month in an Iron Tiger year. Lama Ösal Dorje of Tshognam and Father Namkha of Tengma, in Tshug, have undertaken a transaction regarding a field. [The lama] has paid 25 rupees for a field (or fields) in the Upper Tharkog area with a seed capacity of 2 zo ba. Until the crow turns white, till the blue river flows uphill, for as long as the world age and the sun endure, this transaction has been concluded. In the future let no one utter unpleasant, contentious words so much as the buzzing of a fly. To confirm that this agreement shall not be altered, Father Namkha willingly sets his mark. The witnesses to this are Hrithar Tshering and Kunga Phuntshog of Tshug. I myself was the scribe.