Date: Fire Horse year ?; month and date not given (1906?)
Lines: 6; one-line title on verso
Contract for a loan of 100 pāthi of grain to a woman of Tshug from a Tepa man, at a rate of 25 per cent interest.
gan ’dzin mdor sdus su ’bul snying
- me rta (?) zla tshes la gan ’dzin mdor bsdus su ’bul snying don tsa tshugs nang dag ma tshang phyog nas sted pa bsod nams 1
- can la ’di lo’i ’son rtsa dang bu ’phrug gso skyong bya rgyu sogs gang ci’i lag ce kha sduṃ min la brten nas bru bun gnang rogs
- dbu len tshar btsugs zhus pa ’d[e] don cing bkrin son par ’bru ngo pa sti 100 | thaṃ pa la skyed ’phri bzhi mas/chas lnga ’gro ’phri ’thus su
- phun tshogs lags nas | ’di lo ston dus su rdo zha phugs sog kyi gser lhad med pa ngo skyed grang tshangs gtshang ’bul zhu rgyu ’di don las naṃs
- yang mi ’gal zhing | ’gal =i= nga min kho yin kha gcig lce gnyis | bsaṃ btang dran skyed des dus de min sogs kyi ’gal cha
- ’gro rigs shar tshes ’ba’ bla dpon Zdgong ma’i bka’ ji tsal ltar gtsang sgrubs zhu rgyu’i bdag bsod nams gyi spyi lags bskor ba’i rtags |
A brief written contract (’gan ’dzin) presented on the—day of the—month. Tshangchog, a housemistress (nang dag ma < nang bdag mo?) of Tshug, has asked Sonamcan of Te to make her a loan of 100 pāthi of grain as her means of livelihood for this year and to take care of her child[ren]. She agrees that at the harvest time this year she will repay the loan in the form of wheat that is unadulterated by stones, moisture or chaff at a ration of 4:5, i.e. 25 per cent. There shall be no violation of this agreement; no reciprocal accusation; no acting as if one had two tongues in one mouth; no new raising of recollected issues.